Aircraft mechanics CV

More
8 months 6 days ago - 8 months 6 days ago #1217 by dynamics
Mark, My friend is a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer , is planning immigration to UK, by the way he is going to apply for aircraft mechanic position, since CAA UK no longer transfer foreign AML after Bresxit. So would you advise me how can he give his CV competitive edge? Does applying for wide range of job positions from aircraft mechanics in line to sheet metal Mechanic give him competitive advantage?
Last edit: 8 months 6 days ago by Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #1218 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Aircraft mechanics CV
What areas of maintenance is he good at? What does he "want" to do?

Just arbitrarily applying for random positions probably is not the best idea. If he applies for Avionics/Electrical his interview will center around his knowledge of A/E..... if he doesn't know it..... they'll know it.

Right now, things are looking good for mechanics as a whole. Airlines need people. If he has any experience..... he'll get hired.

More
8 months 6 days ago - 8 months 5 days ago #1219 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Aircraft mechanics CV
Mark, would you advise your comments on his CV below:

To whom it may concern:

I came across job opportunities post you have been advertised in www.glassdoor.co.uk website, and I’m quite eager to submit my CV for the same. As a well trained zealous and experienced licensed aircraft maintenance engineer who has worked for 12 years now with various aircraft models and corresponding components includes of various engine models and parts thereof, I would like to apply for the role to take responsibility for the integrity and safety of your equipment as an aircraft mechanic. With my innate perceiving and visualization skill, I’m looking forward to bringing all my best trait to this job role.my comprehensive approach to duties and system analysis will reduce the number of breakdowns at times. I dealt with the full maintenance of equipment, including installation, testing and monitoring operations necessary for the safety of aircraft and passengers. My experience reinforced by critical thinking, attention to detail, and decision making skills. Critical thinking helps identify and evaluate potential threats on time and also develop options for their further preventation. The attention to detail makes possible my comprehensive assessment of the situation to prevent any omissions. Due to decision making skills, I can develop a plan of action for any case and be responsible for its consequences. I’m so eager to constantly learn and upgrade about the new aircraft models, their hardware, and also to be on par with UK aviation industry standards when it comes to the understanding of the aircrafts in general. So as a reliable aircraft mechanic, I don’t reduce my responsibilities to technical support. The quality of my work also depends on problem solving, observation and organization. These components allow me to have smeeth workflow. Besides, you can always count on my logical reasoning, analysis, commitment skills. Thus, depite my invisible role for passengers, I hope to contribute to the reputation of your clients. I’m completely mesmerized by how British air carriers and repair centers have strong and solid customer satisfaction and fulfillment numbers, and I would love to be part of such an esteemed enterprises.
My significant years of experience in this field will allow me to keep up with the standards set by your honorable clients. In my previous job, I have been lauded for my strong intuition and talent. I hope to bring in all my positive to this role.
It would be an amazing opportunity if I could be able to discuss this job role further with you so that you will also have a chance to have a clear openion on how well of a match I would be for the role you have advertised.

Please find enclosed my CV in application for the "'Aircraft Mechanic" post advertised in www.glassdoor.co.uk website.
Last edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Mark.

More
8 months 5 days ago #1220 by Mark
That is a lot of fluff, but I would guess that is what is needed these days.
As stated previously..... the demand for aircraft mechanics is very strong right now. Usually you will get a response from just applying.
The proof of whether you're any good or not comes from actually working on the aircraft. If skills or knowledge is lacking, a good attitude towards learning always is a plus.

More
8 months 5 days ago - 8 months 5 days ago #1222 by dynamics
Would you mind advise how should he revise the application letter and how he can keep the competitive edge, given that he has experienced on old airplane models including F27 Mark050/F28 Mark0100 and B737-300 which I believe are not operating by british air carriers.?
Last edit: 8 months 5 days ago by dynamics.

More
8 months 5 days ago #1223 by Mark
All those words carry no weight. I don't want to know about "can-do" attitudes..... I want to know if you can fix aircraft. That is what the job is all about.

Let me know what areas you're good at. Heavy systems troubleshooting, heavy structures repair, sheet-metal skills, composites, engine changes, gear changes.

What can you bring to the table that keeps the aircraft moving. Fluff words tell me nothing.

More
8 months 5 days ago #1224 by dynamics
Mark, based on previous experienced he is interested in following area:
1-Heavy system troubleshooting
2-engine change
3-gear change
However, CAA UK doesn't authorize his Iranian aircraft maintenance license so he should just apply for aircraft mechanic position in UK that I believe is not equivalent to American aircraft mechanic. I believe American aircraft mechanics is equivalent to british licensed aircraft maintenance engineer

More
8 months 5 days ago #1225 by Mark
I haven't looked this up, but I believe CAA and FAA requirements are totally different. With the CAA you get licensed per aircraft type. I have no idea what requirements (schooling, verified time on aircraft, experience) are needed by the CAA. I highly doubt they're going to cross over very well.

Some research by your friend is required. I would think that reaching out to a CAA representative would be helpful.

Time to create page: 0.802 seconds