AC Generator Overhaul

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #1013 by dynamics
Mark, I'm wondering if the generator and CSD assembly has to be sent to shop for overhauling the generator, or otherwise the generator has to be dismantled before shop visit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #1014 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic AC Generator Overhaul
The IDG (Integrated Drive Generator) comes as an assembly. If either the drive or generator fails..... the unit is replaced as a whole.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #1015 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic AC Generator Overhaul
Mark, with regard to the task card I emailed just a moment ago during the generator removal before routing to the shop all 12 nuts are removed as per step 8 and subsequently the generator is dismantled from CSD as per step 10 so I believe the generator has to be sent to shop instead of IDG assembly!
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by dynamics.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #1016 by Mark
Wow..... I had to step back in time on this one.

From the looks of it you "do" have a separate CSD and Generator. I never changed either on an older 737-300 back when I was starting out.

So, yes the generator can be removed by itself an sent to shop. Same way with the CSD (the generator would have to be removed first).

727's, 737-100's/-200's and the DC-10 had separate units. I assumed the 737-300 and newer had IDG's. I was wrong on that assumption.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #1022 by Mark
IDG

CSD section mounted to gear box. Generator section basically mounted on the side. This is one unit with two functions and it is removed/installed whole.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Mark.

Time to create page: 0.826 seconds