Wire bundle cushion clamp

More
11 months 1 week ago #966 by dynamics
Mark, Do you have any idea how to estimate wire bundle diameter at specific location e.g. at specific point of the rear spar of left wing, which is necessary for sizing clamps at that point, from wiring diagram manual?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #967 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Wire bundle cushion clamp
The only time that clamp size would be standard is during the manufacturing process.

I have never referenced any wiring documetation for clamp replacement. I guess it would show in the IPC, but that assumes no wires have been added or removed.

We pick clamp size by what secures the wires firmly. To tight..... you could have some at base of clamp getting pinched. To large..... the wires flop around in clamp.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1003 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Wire bundle cushion clamp
One SB issued by Boeing regarding replacement of old clamps with cushion clamps, states that "record the clamp size before before it is discarded to help select the new clamp size". Does it mean that operators should remove all old clamps and measure their size for preparing parts request before incorporation of the SB? In Material information it states total No.294 cushion clamp BACC10GU(101 thru 109) is required for the incorporation of the SB, but it is not clear how many clamp 101,102....109 is required?

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1004 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Wire bundle cushion clamp
There never should of been any metal clamps installed around wire bundles in the first place.

Some get Skydrol on them and the rubber breaks down. Some clamps have the rubber peel off or some just rub through.

The only metal clamps I've ever seen are on engine metal pipes..... no wires involved.

There is no way you're going to know what size clamp needs to be installed until you look at each bundle. I would get twice (or three times) the amount of clamps required. Average out purchasing of each particular size. You'll need more in the future anyway.

Time to create page: 0.756 seconds