Illustrated Part Catalogue

More
1 year 1 month ago #871 by dynamics
Part catalogues contain information which are solely based on part number. so does it mean that we are allowed to install different parts which with the same part number (that is assigned to a particular part by specific manufacturer in part catalogue) but have different serial numbers? in the other word, are different parts with the same part number (that is assigned to specific part in the IPC by specific manufacturer) but different serial number are interchangeable? ,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #872 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Illustrated Part Catalogue
If I get the question right..... you certainly "can" change the same part number component. It has to be verified via the IPC that it "is" valid for that particular aircraft serial number (effectivity or line number).

We have found in the past that the wrong part number has been installed on a aircraft. The only way to know is by checking approved documentation.

Finding two parts with the same part number and serial number means one or both are bogus parts.

There usually is a wide variety of part numbers that are interchangeable. As with the previous statement above, everything should be verified via documentation or engineering before install.

As an example: Light Dimmer M00793.

The equipment list part number:

The IPC:

My company's parts search results:

As you can see, several part numbers are listed in the Equipment List. A completely different number is shown in the IPC. My company's parts data base shows numerous interchangeable parts.

More
1 year 1 month ago #873 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Illustrated Part Catalogue
If you have two light dimmers with the same part number (e.g.S283T019-2) but with different serial number (I mean the serial number of dimmer not the MSN of aircraft!) and the P/N is assigned to authorized dimmer for installation in A/C, Is it right to assumed that two dimmers (with the same P/N but different S/N) are interchangeable and each one can be installed?

More
1 year 1 month ago #874 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Illustrated Part Catalogue
I would have to say yes to that question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dynamics

Time to create page: 0.836 seconds