Fuel feed pump wiring/b737

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #935 by dynamics
Mark, I sent an email (third email) and 4 attached files, so I beg you answer the questions which I wrote in the email . Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #936 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Fuel feed pump wiring/b737
I have never done this modification. The specific steps required are clearly stated in the service bulletin. I would think that Boeing service support would be a better avenue to get these questions answered.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #938 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Fuel feed pump wiring/b737
Mark, how is convoluted liner and wire bundle pulled through a rigid conduit?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #939 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Fuel feed pump wiring/b737
Fuel pump wiring is external of the tank. The "wet" part of the pump will have o-ring seals that separate input and output, but they also keep fuel from leaking from the pump mount. When a mechanic removes a pump there is a flapper valve that (hopefully) closes when the pump is pulled down from the housing. The three-phase power wires should never come in contact with actual fuel.

This drawing is confusing.....

It makes it seem that the wiring is entering the tank.

I had to look up convoluted (intricately folded, twisted, or coiled) because I've never heard the term before. Basically from what I'm guessing, this is just a protection sheathing running from the elbow at the front spar leading to the pump housing. This travels through a conduit (tube). They want the wires extra protected in this area.

If you look at  this  post..... the 767 uses a white tube with three "supports" (or wings if you would like) separated by 120 degrees. These supports keep the tube centered in the pass-through hole (tube) until the wires are in the pump housing area. You can see from the first picture that the wires in the housing area have clear plastic tubing on them for protection.

I'm assuming the 737 modification that you have is similar in nature. They want the wires protected by this "convoluted" protection while travelling from spar to housing.

I would guess that the sheathing is much smaller in diameter than the elbow and the conduit that it passes through.

Time to create page: 0.821 seconds