Nose gear load control

More
1 year 1 month ago #879 by dynamics
Given tail down landing condition, when we hear hard landing, frequently our focus is directed more toward extreme loading on main gears,however full or nearly full control column application before nosegear touchdown can produce heavy loads on the nosegear and its support structure so the question arises is that can we monitor pitch rates generated before nosegear touchdown from signals which are sent from gyro's  in inertial reference system to FDR?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #880 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Nose gear load control
Absolutely..... all pitch, roll, yaw data from the Inertial Reference Units along with accelerometer data go to the DFDAU (Digital Flight Data Acquisition Unit). It is then sent to the Flight Recorder.

You can download the data directly from the recorder. Some DFDAU's have a PCI Express card slot installed. If your aircraft have that type of DFDAU, you can pull the card and take data from it also.

I don't have a picture of the card slot, but it would be on the the right side of this image if it was visible.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #881 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Nose gear load control
Thank you Mark, however I can not rely on the accelerometer data since they are acceleration of the A/C c.g which is close to touchdown point of main gear along the center line of A/C so the acceleration component of the c.g which is due to angular acceleration as a result of full application of control column would be small and therefore are error prone, by the way although I am more optimistic about RLG (ring laser gyro's) in IRU, but I need to develop detail performance model of RLG to figure out its error (e.g g-sensetive misalignment errors) while the only available information is the P/N and vendor cage code in part catalogue! so would you mind advising me how can I get more detail data about RLG structure/performance?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by dynamics.

More
1 year 1 month ago #882 by Mark
I do not have access to engineering level documentation, but I did find this online.....

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

More
1 year 1 month ago #883 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Nose gear load control
Mark, I am so thankful for you in my life...............

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #884 by Mark
Just doing what I can.....

Aircraft maintenance folks helping each other out.

It's what the site is all about!!  
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Mark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dynamics

Time to create page: 0.748 seconds