Window heat

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1415 by dynamics
Window heat was created by dynamics
Regarding a picture, I have just sent an email enclosed with, I believe it is a heating film arcing which initiates from laminated bus bar, would you concur with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1416 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Window heat

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #1417 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic Window heat
Would you concur with the conclusion that the heating film arcing boils down to either faulty window heat control unit or relevant faulty wiring?
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by dynamics.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1418 by Mark
Three things normally end a window's life. Both temperature sensors go open, the heater element goes open, or the window cracks.

None of these are uncommon.

It looks like yours cracked. I wouldn't blame the controller as I have never seen one to apply voltage beyond what is required to keep the window warm.

On a side note: Why are window's heated? Beyond the obvious of keeping visibility clear...... window heat keeps it pliable. When a bird hits it, the window will flex and hopefully let the bird bounce off. If the window was cold or frozen, the window will shatter and possibly have the bird come through.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1419 by dynamics
Regarding pages of task card I have just emailed, the observed damage is not similar to typical pattern of cracked outer pan, inner pan and vinyl interlayer

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1420 by Mark
Does it really matter where it cracked? We don't examine or are we concerned about what layer let go. We just change it.

The repair facility might look it over and determine if engineering changes are required, but these types of windows have been used 30+ years now.

They have a pretty good track record.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1421 by dynamics
Well it does matter when an air carrier needs to tackle root cause of unreliability of cabin window anti icing, CWAI,(I.e. whether it boils down to faulty wiring/controller or to the structural integrity issues), Given that PPG has modified the sliding window to address the safety concern that FAA sets out in AD2008-09-15.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1422 by Mark
Way above my pay grade.

Time to create page: 0.870 seconds