Inertial Reference System

More
1 year 3 months ago #849 by dynamics
What are functional differences of longitudinal ring laser gyro and lateral ring laser gyro which are used in Ring Laser Gyro Inertial Reference Systems produced by Honeywell? Furthermore, How Honeywell resolve the frequency synchronization error in laser gyro?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #850 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Inertial Reference System
Wow..... you're asking questions that are "way" out of my skill and knowledge levels, but I can give it my best guess with the first one.

The three axis laser ring gyro started to appear on the 737-300 during my very early days as a mechanic (1987).

I believe that all three gyros are exactly the same size and are interchangeable. The only thing different is how they are mounted. One sensing pitch, one sensing roll, and the final sensing yaw.

I was told that during the alignment period, the units actually sense earth's rotation. True??? I don't know, but at the time of their arrival (aircraft moving from analog to digital)..... they were considered pretty "whiz-bang" units.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Mark.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #851 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Inertial Reference System

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_laser_gyroscope

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Mark.

Time to create page: 0.941 seconds