Wing Tank Bussing Plug

More
3 years 11 months ago #696 by Mark
Wing Tank Bussing Plug was created by Mark
Wing tank fuel quantity bussing plug. Panel located just inboard of pylon trailing edge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #699 by Clipper
Replied by Clipper on topic Wing Tank Bussing Plug
What does that electrical connector use as a means of locking? And I was surprised to see that cording was still used as a harness tie! I think when I went to A&P school, nylon tie wraps weren't invented yet!

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #701 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Wing Tank Bussing Plug
These plugs are "supposed" to be snugged with cannon plug pliers or a wrench. Then safety wired in the tight direction..

The safety wire on this plug was backwards. It was not tight, but not completely loose either. When I secured it correctly, our failed fuel quantity indication problem operated normal.

Images of plug.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Mark.

More
3 years 10 months ago #703 by Clipper
Replied by Clipper on topic Wing Tank Bussing Plug
What a surprise! Connect the two together properly, secure them properly and shocking! It works as designed! In the automotive world, we come across too many electrical terminals that have poor fit due to unscrupulous people using all kinds of makeshift probes or tools, needles, nails, whatever is handy. And then the intermittent problems start. Where connections have a decent fit but still have erratic performance, we use Stabilant 22, a terminal contact enhancer that literally fills the microscopic deviations in the surface of the terminals. Airbag deployment and sensing systems are super critical of any slight changes in resistance and will trigger a warning light and associated codes. Sometimes a drop of this chemical is all the terminals require to return it to service.

Time to create page: 0.842 seconds