ATA 33-13, A300 Pitch Trim Wheel Light

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #35 by Mark
A somewhat simple job to replace the light module inside the Captain's pitch trim wheel. The module is held in with two Allen screws.

A lock is installed on the opposite wheel.

This is a neat little device that certainly could be used for other purposes. A safety lock for stabilizer work comes to mind, but in this case it locks the wheel assembly from rotating and SLIDING OUT. The shaft that each wheel attaches to is NOT secured laterally. If you try to slide the opposite side wheel on , you'll be pushing out on the rod. The wheel (and possibly gears) will be coming out with it. I could see how this could turn into a MAJOR cluster very fast.

It secures to the wheel with some blocks on a "U" threaded knob.

It pushes up on the wheel to secure it firmly by the use of two vertically mounted threaded knobs.

The padlock is not needed if you can trust your co-workers. (I can't see how anyone would want to dick with this without asking questions.)

A300-600 ATA 33-13 Trim Wheel Light
AMM 33-13-51-04
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #170 by jake ounce
On the subject of Lock-out, the FAA has mandated that we document every system we lock-out for maint, such as pulling C/B and installing locking devices during R/R. Is that your policy as well?

More
8 years 1 week ago #177 by Mark
Well yes......... do we do it "every" time, no.

Big items, such as gear pins, flap lock-outs, etc..... are no brainers. Circuit breakers.... maybe not so much.

If we are turning it over.... I'll document everything.

Time to create page: 0.703 seconds