ATA 21-30, A300-600 Outflow Valve Operation

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #108 by Mark
These two pics are a BFS outflow vale that failed to drive in the manual mode.

Without digging into it (and I could be wrong) this side of the valve has the (DC) manual mode motor and the position transmitter.

This side has two plugs going into a motor assembly of some type. I'm guessing there are actually two motors that are used for automatic operation.

Here's a vid (done some-what in frustration) of the original forward (and aft) outflow valves in both auto and manual operation.

A300-600 AMM 21-31-12 and ASM 21-31-00
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #166 by jake ounce
I do believe when in manual mode, must also de-select Regulators 1&2 to check manual movement. I likes the fast check of the Outflow valves using Air to Ground relays!!

More
8 years 1 week ago #176 by Mark
It would seem that putting the aircraft in the air mode would be the best way to check the whole system in a running environment. I have some doubts on trusting "Built In Test" as a means of system verification.

The one that really bothers me is the Auto-Land Test to say the aircraft is Cat-3B. Shouldn't an actual auto-land in good weather conditions be the safest way to say the aircraft can land itself???

More
8 years 1 week ago #179 by jake ounce
I agree! Being that I am CAT certified on the Bus, that test is easy money as opposed to the MD. To your point, the crews do an Auto-Land test after heavy MX; otherwise, it's on my back to bless them!!!

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds